How does a Mexican man give up tortillas?

The Tyranny of Carbs

Phase one of listening to the nurse practitioners orders was to cut out all carbs, but liquor was fine (hrmph I don't believe that!) So we had to get out the veggie spiralizer and load up on zucchini. We had to come up with ways to make vegetables irresistible: pesto sauce, BACON, cheese, BUTTER, salt, Pepper. We had to incorporate a larger variety of vegetables: mushrooms, olives, Brussel sprouts, sugar snap peas, cabbage, carrots and so on. 



At first, I wasn't sensitive to eating carbs around him. I thought pretty black and white about the restrictions being his burden to bear from the professional. But he didn't take kindly to me eating all the stuff he misses around him. He would get grouchy at me. If I was honest, I would also be that way if our roles changed. I imagine he felt unsupported in his diet angst. It's hard to want something you can't have.



#1 Lesson Learned: Don't rub it in your loved one's face that you can have what they can't have. It's a recipe for relationship troubles.

#2 Lesson Learned: Attempt to make your diet restricted loved one to salivate over what they CAN HAVE! Like in the 2nd picture. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For all of You who want to "Divorce Diabetes" and Keep your Marriage and Man Thriving

Life's Not Fun Anymore